Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Let's Talk About Food

I'm considered by some as a little nutty, fruity and flaky, because for me, it's always about the food.

As the former hostess of EAT 2 GO! radio program, I've had the privilege of talking with a few of the most knowledgeable experts in the fields of food, health and wellness.

Now as a Community Health Educator, I both write and lecture on the benefits of a whole foods diet. Whether your concerns are about weight loss, diabetes, hypertension, hyperactivity or even cancer, there's cause for hope. I've immersed myself in food matters for well over twenty years. You can also explore my website Eat 2 Go! to access more videos, articles and essays, or podcasts. While there you can also find out about the upcoming seminar.

My emphasis on "power eating" to feed your body while strengthening it, is integrated into seminars, hands-on workshops, and now a conference. All of these educational opportunities are designed with your health in mind. We can talk about organics, locally grown, non-genetically modified organisms (gmo's), and literally everything about food. I'll even make suggestions here on where to find seeds and produce.

Here you'll read plenty of information to help you to become more savvy while dining out. From time to time I'll play the role of restaurant critic. I'll assist you with tips to help navigate the land-mind of food choices you're offered while dining out.

You're welcome to send me an email to Momsmedicine@gmail.com, if you need some encouragement along the way. I've experienced my own health crisis and am on the journey toward optimum health, too. If you have questions about The Gerson Therapy, I have answers.

As you can see, I'm an advocate of a whole foods diet as a component of preventative health care, so I also support the use of complimentary and alternative medicine. You'll hear about that regularly by reading my interviews of local healthcare practitioners.

For more, watch my channel on Youtube-Momsmedicine. I've put my short film called, What is Food? at the top of my blog page; just click on the image with "Youtube" across it. Viewing it can help you to bring food "to the table" with those who matter most in your life.

By the way, at the risk of tooting my own horn, you might google my name to find more articles about food that haven't been posted here...especially if you're a fan of cheese.

Be well,

Stephanie

P.S. I'd welcome hearing from you, so be sure to both follow me regularly and leave me your comments.

Photo credit: Santiago Flores Photographed in The South Bend Farmer's Market

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate you sharing your interest in power foods. It's amazing that certain foods can influence our everyday lives with such impact. Nice picture and enjoy cheese too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sharville. You're right foods certainly do influence our lives. In my experience in working, either one on one or with groups, the challenge lies in being "mindful" about food choices. In other words, if we focus on intentionality rather than getting a quick fix for cravings, we tend to make better choices. Impulse eating, on the other hand, is motivated in part, by visual images and slick marketing and advertising.

    Please offer more of your ideas and your concerns here on my blog.

    Be well,

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete